Guidon Books presents
Gettysburg: The Battle and the
All items formerly listed on this web page that are currently available are on our new website under Civil War - Gettysburg
November 21, 2017
- SOLD Adkin, Mark. The Gettysburg Companion: A Complete Guide to America's Most Famous Battle. The comprehensive guide with maps, diagrams, photos and personal recollections of the battle. Stackpole, 2008. Dust jacket, oversize
- SOLD Bachelder, John. The Bachelder Papers: Gettysburg in Their Own Words. Transcribed, edited and annotated by David L. and Audrey J. Ladd. 3 volumes with maps. Morningside, 1994. Gray cloth with blue spine. $110.00
- SOLD Bachelder, John.
John Bachelder's History of the Battle of Gettysburg.
Edited by David and Audrey Ladd. Morningside, 1997. Dust jacket.
- SOLD Bachelder, John. Map of the Battlefield of Gettysburg. Three oversize individual maps showing the first, second and third days. New edition, 1912. Parchment paper. $20.00
- SOLD Baumgartner, Richard A. Buckeye Ohio at Gettysburg Blood.
The story of the more than 4,000 Ohio citizen-soldiers who participated
at Gettysburg. Blue Acorn Press, 2003. Dust jacket. $30.00
- SOLD Bertera, Martin. 4th Michigan Volunteer Infantry at
Gettysburg: The Battle for the Wheatfield. Morningside Press,
1997. First Edition. 183 pages, Dust jacket. $24.95
- SOLD Blue & Gray
Magazine. Gettysburg: The Third Day. Special Issue. July 1988.
- SOLD Bowden, Scott & Bill Ward. Last Chance for Victory: Robert
E. Lee and the Gettysburg Campaign. This volume addresses the issues by
studying Lee's choices before, during, and after the battle, the information he
possessed at the time each decision was made, and why he acted as he did. Da Capo Press., 2001. Dust jacket, mark on bottom. $25.00 *
- SOLD Bowden, Scott & Bill Ward. Last Chance for Victory: Robert E. Lee and the Gettysburg Campaign. This volume addresses the issues by studying Lee's choices before, during, and after the battle, the information he possessed at the time each decision was made, and why he acted as he did. Da Capo Press, 2003. Soft cover with minor wear. $15.00
- SOLD Busey, John W. and David G.
Martin. Regimental Strengths and Losses at Gettysburg. Revised
edition. Longstreet House, 1994. Casebound. $22.50
- SOLD Chamberlain, Joshua L. Bayonet! Forward: My Civil War
Reminiscences. A compilation of the General's most substantial
Civil War addresses and writings, containing chapters on Fredericksburg,
Gettysburg, Petersburg, Five Fords and the surrender of the Confederate Army.
2d edition. Stan Clark Military Books, 1994. $25.00
- SOLD Chamberlain, Thomas.
150th Regiment: Pennsylvania Volunteers. Butternut
& Blue. Reprint. $32.50
- SOLD Cox, John D. Culp's Hill: The Attack and Defense of the Union Flank, July 2, 1863. A unique approach to studying the battles - provides a small battle in lively and compelling narrative complemented with original accounts and illustrations, with current photographs and maps. Da Capo Press, 2003. Soft cover. $17.95
- SOLD Craven, Wayne. The
Sculptures at Gettysburg. With photographs by Milo Stewart. A
distinguished art historian looks at the monumens that commemorae an epic
episode in American history. Published for the Gettysburg National Military
Park, Eastern Acorn Press, 1982. Soft cover. $15.00
- SOLD dePeyster, J. Watts. Gettysburg and After: Battle of Oak Ridge at Williamsport and Falling Waters. Reprint from the 1867 edition. Previous owner's name on front endsheet. Olde Soldier Books, 1987. Brown cloth. $25.00
- SOLD Discorfano, Ken. They Saved the Union at Little Round Top - Gettysburg July 2, 1863. Foreword by John J. Pullen. This is about the men - on both sides - who fought on the slopes of Little Round Top. Presented in a readable form, allowing you to feel the shift and pitch of the figting. Thomas, 2002. Soft cover. $11.95
- SOLD Dougherty, Kevin J. Gettysburg: The Turning Point in the Struggle Between North and South. Illustrated history of the battle and its leaders. The inside of the dust jacket contains a reproduction of a map of the battle. Metro Books, 2013. Dust jacket, oblong. $14.95
- SOLD Dreese, Michael A. The 151st Pennsylvania Volunteers at
Gettysburg: Like Ripe Apples in a Storm. Foreword by Timothy H. Smith.
McFarland & Co., 2000. $45.00
- SOLD Encounter at Hanover: Prelude to Gettysburg. Story of the invasion of Pennsylvania culminating in the Battles of Hanover and Gettysburg June and July, 1863, with a Bicentennial View of the Town Founded by Colonel Richard McAllister in 1763. 2d printing. Prepared and Published by the Historical Publication Committee of the Hanover Chamber of Commerce, 1985. Dust jacket. $25.00
- SOLD Frassanito, William A. Early Photography at Gettysburg.
Examines the when, why, how, and by whom one of the greatest
battlefields in the world was documented when the field still looked
essentially as it did at the time of the battle. Thomas Publications, 1995.
Soft cover. $39.95
- SOLD Gingrich, Newt and William R. Forstchen. Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War. A creative, clever, fascinating 'what if?' novel that promises to excite and entertain. St. Martin's Press, 2003. Dust jacket. $24.95
- SOLD Golay, Michael. To Gettysburg and Beyond: The Parallel
Lives of Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and Edward Porter Alexander.
Crown. First Edition. $27.50
- SOLD Gramm, Kent. Gettysburg: A Meditation on War and
Values. First Edition. Indiana University. $27.50
- SOLD Gramm, Kent. Gettysburg: This Hallowed Ground. Poetry by Kent Gramm and photographs by Chris Heisey. A unique combination of pictures and words that delivers a powerful emotional impact that links soldiers and their families. Tide Mark, 2003. Dust jacket, oblong. $15.00
- SOLD Grimm, Herbert L. and Paul L. Roy. Human Interest Stories of the Three Days' Battles at Gettysburg. Images and stories of the battle. Times and News Publishing Co., 1927. Soft cover, oversize. $25.00
- SOLD Guelzo, Allen C. Gettysburg: The Last Invasion. Recounts the Battle of Gettysburg from the perspectives of ordinary soldiers to offer insight into nineteenth-century military practices, the pivotal influence of politics on the battle's course, and the unique characters of artillery units. 1st edition. Alfred A. Knopf, 2013. Dust jacket. $35.00
- SOLD Hale, Edward E., ed. Stories of War Told by Soldiers.
Stories of the major actions during the Civil War, includes a chapter
on Gettysburg. Boston, 1895. Pictorial cloth cover. $40.00
- SOLD Hartwig, D. Scott. A Killer Angels Companion. Explores the accuracy of the book by Shaara. Thomas Publications, 1996. Soft cover. $7.95
- SOLD Hertzog, Kate. Insiders' Guide To Gettysburg. Everything you need to know about the battle and area, including places to eat, stay and fun for the children. Insiders Guide, 2006. Soft cover. $16.95
- SOLD Hunt, General Hunry J.
Three Days at Gettysburg: July 1, 2, & 3, 1863. Written by
the Chief of Artillery of the Army of the Potomac. Previous owner's name on inside front cover. Outbooks, 1978. Soft cover.
- SOLD Isbell, Timothy T. Gettysburg: Sentinels of Stone. Skillfully crafted and beautifully illustrated, this book tells the dramatic story of the Gettysburg campaign and the people involved, through the statues of stone and bronze that dot this Civil War battlefield, including those added within the past five years. 1st edition. University Press of Mississippi, 2006. Dust jacket. $40.00
- SOLD Johnson, Neil. The Battle of Gettysburg. With photographs from the 125th anniversary reenactment. Illustrated story of the battle for young adults. 1st edition. Simon & Schuster, 1989. Dust jacket. $15.95
- SOLD Katcher, Philip. Gettysburg 1863. Battles in Focus series. Concise description of the battle at Gettysburg with photographs and maps. Brasseys, 2003. Soft cover. $19.95
- SOLD Klement, Frank L. Gettysburg Soldiers' Cemetery and
Lincoln's Address. White Mane Pub. Co. $30.00
- SOLD Kowalis, Jeffrey J.
Died at Gettysburg! No Prouder Epitaph Need Any Man
Covet. Longstreet House, 1998. 292 pages. Dust jacket. $30.00
- SOLD Kunstler, Mort. The Civil War Paintings of Mort Kunstler volume 3: The Gettysburg Campaign. Examines some of the important moments and individuals of this important battle. Cumberland House, 2006. Dust jacket. $18.95
- SOLD Kunstler, Mort. The Civil War Paintings of Mort Kunstler volume 4: Gettysburg to Appomattox. Examines some of the important moments and individuals of this important battle. Cumberland House, 2008. Dust jacket. $18.95
- SOLD Longacre, Edward G. Joshua Chamberlain: The Soldier and
the Man. Combined Publishing, 1999. First Edition. 395 pages. Dust jacket. $35.00
- SOLD McDonald, JoAnna M. A Walk in Time: Goodbye, Boys! Goodbye! A Walking guide to the High Water Mark, Gettysburg, July 2-3, 1863. Burd Street Press, 1999. Soft cover with minor wear. $6.95
- SOLD McDonald, JoAnna M. A Walk in Time: We're Going in There... A Guide to the Battles for Little Round Top, Valley of Death, Devil's Den. Burd Street Press, 1999. Soft cover with minor wear. $6.95
- SOLD McLean, James L. Jr. (Compiler). Gettysburg Sources:
Volume 1. Butternut & Blue, 1986. Limited Edition. $20.00
- SOLD Mills, Charles Albert, comp. Echoes of Gettysburg: Key
Documents of the Great Battle. Reprint, containing Meade's Gettysburg
Campaign Report; Lee's Report on Gettysburg; Union Army Medical Dept Report on
Gettysburg; Confederate Army Medical Department Report on Gettysburg. Apple
Cheeks Press, 2001. Wraps. $15.00
- SOLD Minetor, Randi. Gettysburg: A Guided Tour Through History. Introduction by James C. Bradford. Map and photographs enhance this guide to the battlefield and the actions that occured in July 1863. Includes two popout maps. GPP, 2009. Illustrated casebound. $15.95
- SOLD Montgomery, James Stuart. The Shaping of a Battle:
Gettysburg. Chilton. First Edition. $35.00
- SOLD Murray, R. L. The Redemption of the "Harper's Ferry Cowards":
The Story of the 111th and 126th New York State Volunteer Regiments at
Gettysburg. Signed by the author. Benedum Books, 1994. Wraps.
- SOLD Paris, Comte de. The Battle of Gettysburg: From the History of the Civil War in America. Porter & Coates, 1886. Blue cloth with gilt lettering. $75.00
- SOLD Paris, Comte de. The Battle of Gettysburg.
Butternut and Blue, 1987. Reprint. 315 pages. $30.00
- SOLD Penny, Morris M. and J. Gary Laine. Struggle for the Round
Tops: Law's Alabama Brigade at the Battle of Gettysburg. Burd Street Press, 2000. Soft cover with minor wear. $15.00
- SOLD Pickett, LaSalle Corbell.
Pickett and His Men. 2nd edition. Author's presentation copy.
Foote & Davies Co., 1900. $65.00
- SOLD Rummel, George A. Cavalry on the Roads to Gettysburg:
Kilpatrick at Hanover and Hunterstown. 1st edition. White Mane, 2000.
Dust jacket. $40.00
- SOLD Salmon, John S. Historic Photos of Gettysburg. Recounts the events of this momentous battle through hundreds of historic images, all captioned, highlighting the men,the fortifications and landscape, leaving a comprehensive visual record. Turner Publishing Co., 2007. Dust jacket, oversize. $39.95
- SOLD Scott, Col. James K.P. Story of the Battles at Gettysburg. Telegraph Press, 1927. First Edition. $25.00
- SOLD Sears, Stephen W. Gettysburg. Based on years of research, this is the first book in a greneration that brings everything together, sorts it all out, makes informed judgments, and takes stands. In short, this is the one book on Gettysburg that anyone interested in the Civil War should own. Houghton Mifflin, 2003. Hard cover. $30.00
- SOLD Smith, Carl. Gettysburg 1863: High Tide of the Confederacy. Illustrated history of the battle. Reprint. Praeger, 2004. Pictorial casebound. $20.00
- SOLD State of New Jersey. Final Report of the Gettysburg Battlefield Commission 1891. Reprint. Longstreet House, 1997. $20.00
- SOLD Symonds, Craig L. Gettysburg: A Battlefield Atlas. Cartography by William J. Clipson. A compact, comprehensive volume providing both a narrative history and a cartographic display of the Battle of Gettysburg. Nautical & Aviation Publishing, 1992. Dust jacket. $26.95
- SOLD Tagg, Larry. The Generals of Gettysburg: The Leaders of America's Greatest Battle. Outstanding reference source. 1st edition. Savas Publishing Co., 1998. Dust jacket. $29.95
- SOLD War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. Gettysburg. Series I, Volume 27 - in three parts. Part I - Reports; Part II - Reports; Part III - Correspondence. Reprint. National Historical Society, 1985. Cloth. $120.00
- SOLD Webb and His Brigade at the Angle Gettysburg. In Memoriam, Alexander Stewart Webb 1835-1911. Previous library book with early markings. Published by Authority of the State of New York, Under the Supervision of the New York Monuments Commission. J. B. Lyon Co., 1916. Dark cloth, gold printing, library call number on spine. $50.00
- SOLD Woodworth, Steven E. Beneath a Northern Sky: A Short History of the Gettysburg Campaign. SR Books, 2003. Soft cover. $14.00
- SOLD Young, Jesse Bowman. The Battle of Gettysburg: A Comprehensive Narrative. 1st edition. Records of the organizations, different companies, regiments and brigades containing descriptions of expeditions, marches, skirmishes and battles together with biographical sketches of officers and personal records of each man during his term of service. Written by an officer in the 84th Pennsylvania. Navy blue gilt-stamped cloth, torn along the spine, taped inside, crossed swords stamped in gold on front board, top edge of pages gilded. Harper & Brothers, 1913 (E-N on verso of title page). $100.00
- SOLD Young, Jesse Bowman. The Battle of Gettysburg: A Comprehensive Narrative. 1st edition. Records of the organizations, different companies, regiments and brigades containing descriptions of expeditions, marches, skirmishes and battles together with biographical sketches of officers and personal records of each man during his term of service. John Kallmann, 1996. Dust jacket. $25.00
- SOLD Buohl, Geo. W. "Buohl's
Illustrated Map and Guide to Tour the Gettysburg Battlefield." Includes
brief history of the battle, with photographs. Tri-color cover of map. 1936.
- SOLD Gettysburg:
Historical Articles of Lasting Interest. Articles written by Kathleen
Georg Harrison, D. Scott Hartwig, Alan Nolan, Harry W. Pfanz, and others in
magazine format. July 1989. Soft cover. $12.50
- SOLD Gettysburg: High Water Mark of the Confederacy. Story and color photographs of the
battle. Eastern National Park & Monument Association, 1963. Soft cover.
- SOLD Maps and brochures on Gettysburg: including Gettysburg National Military Park, Trailhead Graphics, waterproof edition; National Park Service, Gettysburg Offical Map, 1994; Big Round Top Loop Trail; High Water Mark Walking Tour. NPS, "Gettysburg National Military Park, Pennsylvania.," quarter-fold brochure to the park, 1962; "Gettysburg National Museum," brochure, "Home of the Electric Map." c1950s. $10.00
- SOLD Miller, Walter. The
Gettysburg Cyclorama.Color photographs of the re-creation of one of the most momentous events, with poetry by Will Henry Thompson. Walter H. Miller & Co., 1969. Wraps. $12.50
- SOLD "A Pictorial History
of the Battle of Gettysburg." Fourscore Ltd., 1978. Soft cover.
- U.S. National Park Service. "Gettysburg National Military Park Pennsylvania." Park Brochure, 16 pages. Government Printing Office, 1942. Wraps, oversize. $15.00
Guidon Books Quick Navigation